Who We Are
ETIC (Embedded Technologies Innovation Center) is a non-profit private entity created on June 2008. ETIC is a business service co-operative that has development partners as Mondragón, GAIA and the Provincial Council of Gipuzkoa; collaborator partners as Ikerlan, University of Deusto and University of Mondragón; user partners as Fagor Electrodomésticos, ZIV, Ingeteam, Orona, Fagor Electrónica and Ibermática, and finally, worker partners.
The moment ETIC was created, an agreement between the founder partners, the Basque Government and Microsoft was signed to make ETIC become a Microsoft Innovation Center specialized in Embedded Technologies. The choice of this specialty was made because of the conviction in the relevance of these technologies concerning to the future of Basque Country and their implication in the creation of new products, services and applications that will lead the promotion of the current companies and the creation of new business.
- Development of R+D+i solutions for companies with products and services in all application areas: Home, Health, Transport, Smart Cities, Power, User Interfaces (Natural User Interfaces NUI) and Kinect, Automobiles, Mobility (Tablets and Smartphones), etc.
- To promote the use of Microsoft´s Technologies and specially, the Embedded Technologies, to create, design and develop new products and services.
- To stimulate knowledge transfer and the generation of innovation via pilot projects, prototypes, demonstrators and software development.
- To promote the enterprising and the creation of new companies with technology based products.
- To offer consultancy and training services for the creation of new business areas and diversification.
- To help and encourage students to participate in ideas forums and technologic developments.
The mission of ETIC is the achievement of economic wealth by creating new products, services and applications for the partner companies and by creating innovation thanks to the incorporation of technology to the whole aspects of daily life. ETIC is a private non-profit innovation entity.
Creation of new business opportunities and organisation of technical events. Read more ...
Training reference centre for Embedded Technology. Read more ...
Consultancy service for Microsoft´s Embedded Technologies. Read more ...
To stimulate and develop new applications based on Embedded Windows. Read more ...
Certification and Approval
Experts in methods and tools for increasing robustness, reliability, efficiency, and security. Read more ...